It's almost October 31st.
Do you have the decor up, the candy stash filled, the costumes picked?
There is so much fun to be had during the Halloween season!
Today, we've got a fun, festive decor tutorial for you. It's easy, inexpensive, and can be added anywhere!
Have a Halloween theme already? No worries, this will fit right in just perfect, as it can be modified to fit any style. Simply pick the colors YOU prefer when buying your supplies.
So let's get started!
We've got this adorable batty centerpiece made from paper bats, but easily made with lightweight wooden bats, too!), a little goobly-gobbly, some faux flowers/branches and a cylindrical vase.
That's it! only a few items and a little adhesive is all it takes to make the cutest centerpiece for your table or to add to your favorite little corner. It even makes a great desktop accent at work!
Follow this step-by-step tutorial to make your own!
Here's What You'll Need:
1. Glass Vase (or any medium size table vase/canister/jar):
2. Faux Festive Flowers (we chose black + purple roses with spiders):
3. Faux Festive Branches:
4. Bat cut-outs (can be made from wood or card stock, but must be lightweight):
5. Spray paint (if you choose to paint your vase like we did):
6. Some Adhesive (glue dots or hot glue gun)
7. Spanish Moss (AKA Goobly Gobbly):
Here's What You'll Do:
1. Spray Paint Your Vase.
2. Print & Cut Out Your Bats if Paper. If using wooden bats, you may choose to spray paint them.
3. Pack Your Vase.
Use the Spanish Moss to pack your vase. Use as much or as little as you like, depending on your preference and the size of your vase.
We like the look below, where the Spanish moss overflows over the vase.
4. Insert the faux flowers. "Fluff" and arrange the flowers to give a full effect.
5. Insert the faux branches in the center of the arrangement. Fluff and arrange to continue making the centerpiece have its fullest effect.
6. Begin Placing your Bats.
Use as many or as few as you'd like. Secure the bats to the branches, Spanish moss, or flowers with an adhesive of choice.
(If you're using hot glue, watch those fingers!)
7. OPTIONAL: Insert one to two real branches to add dimension once all other steps are complete. You may wish to spray paint these branches.
Adhere bats to these branches if desired.
WA-LA! You have the simplest, most inexpensive centerpiece to add to your little space for Halloween!